Let them Speak English through Songs! Dialogues and Conversations!

Do you want your students to speak English and have a conversation?





If we get them used to singing a dialogue, they will be able to say the dialogue and use it freely.

I have recently written , composed and recorded a song that will help your students learn a short conversation.

Here is the song and the lesson plan:





Here is a video of students presenting the dialogue after they have practiced and sang:



HOW TO TEACH THIS SONG AND MAKE YOUNG STUDENTS SPEAK?

1.Write the names of the children in the song on the board (lyrics below). In case your students do not know how to read English yet, write the names in your native language. Example:
Alex  אלכס - Benny  בני
Shirley  שירלי – David  דייויד

2. Have students sing the song, changing the names accordingly.
3. When you finish singing a few times, start a conversation with your students, sing the song and do the introduction.

Teacher: "Hello, I'm (your name), what's your name?" ♫ ♪
The students will sing and reply:
student: "I'm (student name), nice to meet you!" ♪ ♫
continue to the next student.
4. Have students walk around the room (you can use hand puppets/finger puppets/paper cup puppets/popsicle puppets) and introduce themselves to each other. If you use puppets, students can make up names for their puppets and introduce themselves.

5. After a few minutes, have students do the conversation without singing. Start by demonstrating.
6. Students can present their show in front of the class!

Here are the words to the song:

Girl: Hello I'm Alex, what's your name?
Boy: I'm Benny, nice to meet you!

GIrl: Hello I'm Shirley, what's your name?
Boy: I'm David, nice to meet you!


GIrl: Hello I'm Daisy, what's your name?
Boy: I'm joey, nice to meet you!


GIrl: Hello I'm Sammy, what's your name?
Boy: I'm Stevey, nice to meet you!


GIrl: Hello I'm Lilly, what's your name?
Boy: I'm Robert, nice to meet you!


GIrl: Hello I'm Shirley, what's your name?
Boy: I'm David, nice to meet you!


GIrl: Hello I'm Sunny, what's your name?
Boy: I'm Bobby, nice to meet you!


GIrl: Hello I'm Shirley, what's your name?
Boy: I'm David, nice to meet you!


Feel free to subscribe to my youtube channel and be notified when I upload the rest of the songs.

You can also send me a friend request on facebook.
Let me know how it goes!!

Hili

tags: English, EFL, games, songs

הוסף רשומת תגובה

0 תגובות